Welcome everyone! We come to God this morning with an attitude of holy defiance! Our present circumstances make it difficult to worship God together but instead of succumbing to the challenges, with God’s enabling, we are overcoming them to discover new ways of being the people of God.
If you have just started connecting with us, please connect with us, we’d love to catch up!
Call to worship
Read Together as a household:
A psalm of thanksgiving.
1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
Reread Psalm 100 verse 5 and respond in prayer.
The second verse of this song describes the God we believe in and follow. As we sing or listen to this song, ask God to fill your heart and mind with reasons to worship God today.
10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)
Kidz Biz at Home
Anzac Day prayer
Here is a video from Baptist chaplains serving in the Australian Defence Force. Karen, who features in this video, was in our Youth Group when we were part of Keperra Baptist – Stewart
For Families and Schools
- That children will be safe, secure and protected
- That God would bring peace instead of stress, patience instead of anger
- That church families would support other families around them
- That God will bless our households as we spend more time together
- That we would be praying for our local school communities
- That our school chaplains will be empowered in their ministry to the struggling
- That God will give our leaders wisdom and insight
- That peace, hope and strength will flow to those who have lost jobs and incomes
- That God will use these economic challenges to help us rely on him
- That our economic values and practises will be renewed having more compassion and generosity
- That people will recognise the love and power of God
- That God will soften the hearts of Australians, opening their eyes to His love, grace and strength
- That the church will be sifted and renewed and empowered through this adversity
- That many will be swept into God’s kingdom by the power of the Holy Spirit
- Spend some time praying for the people and situations God is laying on your heart
The Christian church across the world remembered and celebrated the death and Resurrection of Jesus a couple of weeks back. As followers of Jesus we never allow the life/world/cosmos changing significance of this to fade. This is a new song we had planned for Easter but let’s not let our present circumstances rob us of the opportunity to praise our risen reigning King!
This Changes Everything
What aspect of belief is God asking you to focus on?
Knowing – Is God asking you to know him by studying Gods word at greater depth?
Acting – Is God wanting you to act on what we know? To integrate what we belief about God into our everyday attitudes and actions?
Conviction – Is God inviting you to express your loyalty to him by trusting him in uncertain times?
Our closing song, The Creed, provides an opportunity for us to declare what we believe. The video reminds us that what we believe about Jesus shapes our lives everyday. As we sing or listen, reaffirm these truths personally as we reaffirm them together as a community.
The Creed (This I Believe)
Rivers Youth Lounge Group
The Rivers Youth Lounge Group for Years 7-9 is happening in Zoom at 10:30am. If you have not already registered to be part of this, contact Shane for more details.